It's here. The holiday season is officially upon us and what better way to celebrate than with the big events happening this weekend in Taos.
Holiday extravaganza at Millicent Rogers Museum
The 22nd annual Holiday Fiesta takes place Saturday (Dec. 7) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Millicent Rogers Museum – a free community event for the entire family, featuring various holiday and seasonal activities and performances by local organizations. Scheduled are local artists and performers throughout the day, from The Taos Jewish Center, Billy Archuleta, the Taos Suzuki Violin School, the Taos Youth Ballet and the Taos Pueblo Day School dancers. The museum will provide free, fun and festive hands-on activities located throughout the museum, such as a face-painting station and selfies with Santa. The museum is located at 1504 Millicent Rogers Road, El Prado. Contact Kathryn Ritter at (575) 758-2462.
First Friday Art Market
Taos First Friday Art Market is this week (Dec. 6). Check out the art, music and culture of Taos artists displaying work and performing for the public. Free admission. John Dunn House Shops, 120 Bent Street. Email email@example.com.
Final Ted Egri estate sale planned
A final estate sale of works by the late, great Taos artist Ted Egri will take place Friday (Dec. 6), 3-7 p.m.; and Saturday (Dec. 7), 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Bareiss Gallery, 15 State Road 150, north of El Prado. Organized by Stephen’s Consignment from Santa Fe, the sale will feature both familiar works from Egri’s collection as well as memorabilia, such as art books, portfolios, sketches and lithographs which never been shown, according to Elise Waters Olonia of Fine Art Services.
“Of course, I will be present and working to show and share stories about some of the treasures which are being offered,” Waters Olonia said. “After working with the estate for approximately five years, it’s both exciting and heartrending. My hope was to either find an individual or a foundation who had interest in preserving his legacy and create a small museum.”
She adds that a process of gifting Egri’s “Holocaust Series” to the University of New Mexico as a final donation is underway.
Holiday Trunk Show
This holiday season Gail Russell is offering her signature photo art and apparel. “Fun, one-of-a-kind, high fashion accessories to accompany you on your winter adventures!” Featuring “SallyGators Leg Warmers,” “Gazelle shawls,” Russell photographs on modal, silk-cashmere shawls, “Kangaroo Scarves with Pockets,” photo cards, photo art prints on canvas. Hours are 11 a.m.-3 p.m. today (Dec. 5), Saturday (Dec. 7), Thursday and Friday (Dec. 11-12), Saturday, Dec. 14, Wednesday and Thursday, Dec.18-19, and Saturday, Dec. 21. For more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (575) 776-8474.
More Holiday art shows, bazaars
• Friday (Dec. 6), 5-7 p.m., University of New Mexico-Taos Holiday Art Sale and The Mini Show. Exhibition of mini artwork in a variety of media, including paintings, prints, ceramics, jewelry and more; and Raku demo firing. Free admission. Fred Peralta Hall, UNM-Taos, Klauer Campus, 1157 County Road 110, Ranchos de Taos. Call (575) 737-3698.
• Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 7-8) from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. is the Arts & Crafts Bazaar hosted by the Peñasco School Class of 2022 at Peñasco Middle School Gym, 13 School Road, Peñasco. Email email@example.com.
• Saturday (Dec. 7) from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Taos Pueblo Headstart Arts & Crafts Fair. Holiday arts and crafts, concessions, raffles, silent auction. Free admission. Taos Pueblo Community Center, 220 Rotten Tree Road, Taos Pueblo. Call (575) 779-8243.
• Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 7-8) 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 15th Annual Holiday Open House Featuring a new selection of handmade tiny plates, stone sculpture, books, drawings and pastels. Stan Crawford is reading from his new book, “The Garlic Papers,” Saturday at 4 p.m. All at Rift Gallery/Southwest Stoneworks, 2249 State Road 68, Rinconada. Free admission. Call (505) 579-9179.
• Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 7-8) 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Museum Store Holiday Sale. Perfect for holiday gift giving. Free admission. Taos Art Museum at Fechin House, 227 Paseo del Pueblo Norte, Taos. Call (575) 758-2690.
•Saturday (Dec. 7) Noon-3 p.m. Vagrant HeART Market. Artwork, kids arts and crafts, music, live demos Holiday shopping and a gift-wrapping center. Vagrant Heart Gallery, 216 Paseo del Cañon East. Free admission. Call (575) 737-5112.
• First Saturday Taos Gallery Art Walk (Dec. 7), from 4-6 p.m. in the Historic district, most galleries are within easy walking distance and feature demos, receptions with new works and many meet-the-artist events. Taos Gallery Association, (575) 770-5733.
• Saturday (Dec. 7) 4-8 p.m., Rolling Still Holiday Bazaar invites everyone to shop, sip ‘n’ mingle with local makers Izumi Yokoyama, Two Quills, Audra Knutson, Taos Bee, Succulent Journey, Satva Botanicals, Rolling Still, tarot by Dancing Our Heart and much more. No cover. Rolling Still Lounge, 110-D Paseo del Pueblo Norte, Taos. Call (575) 613-0326.
In order to read our site, please exit private/incognito mode or log in to continue.